The Christian and Jews are entirely different communities, and they have different beliefs as well. Christianity emerged as a separate region and its follower believe in Jesus God. There is a controversy about Jewish God. Tetragrammaton is the name mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.
Man, behind birth of IFCJ
The fact is that most Christians are jealous of Jews. Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, the founder of the Fellowship of Christians and Jews, was an orthodox rabbi, but he began to forge partnerships with evangelical Christians. The organization was known as the Holyland Fellowship of Christians and Jews. He was man of strong and impressive personality, so he became successful in his mission. He worked on projects of Jewish-Christian cooperation to promote this collaboration to improve the safety and security of Jews in Israel and around the world. He had a tough time ahead because it was challenge to unite evangelical Christians for a good cause of Jews. His mission was put into action through establishment of the Fellowship of Christians and Jews, also referred to as ’the Fellowship’ and IFCJ in short. The organization was born in 1983, and got support from American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) that was founded 69 years ago.
Activities of the organization
The IFCJ has its headquarters in Chicago and Jerusalem, but hold activities and events on many other locations. The Fellowship’s outreach focuses on five major programs:
- On Wings of Eagles to assist Jews in making immigration to Israel
- Guardians of Israel to provide basic necessities to needy Israelis
- Isaiah 58 to provide food packages, hot “meals-on-wheels,” medicine, clothing, housing, in-home care, heating fuel, and other basic essentials
- Stand for Israel to rally churches, Christian leaders and others to advocate for Israel
- 4Zion, an initiative toward students and a younger generation of Israel supporters.
What’s more in the mission
The mission of this organization is not limited few projects and activities. IFCJ Food and Medicine Lifeline is a new extension to the mission.